Other Ingredients Water/Eau, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycerin, Lauryl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamade, Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate, Coco-Betane, Glycolic Acid, Methyl Gluceth-10, Sodium Hydroxide, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Oil, Cymbopogon Martini (Palma Rosa) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Peumus Boldus Leaf Extract, PEG-120 MethylGlucose Dioleate, Lactobacillus Bulgaricus Ferment Filtrate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Caster Oil, Butylene Glycol, Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil, Xanthan Gum, Peumus Boldus Leaf Extract, Chamomile Flower Extract, Arctium Majus Root (Burdock) Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Equisetium Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice.
1. ↑ cleansing/lathering OR emulsifying agents ( Lauryl Glucoside ) depending on the product, this ingredient cleanses; emulsifies; lathers; makes products foamy/creamy & spread better
2. ↑ Peumus Boldus Leaf Extract. Peumus Boldus Leaf Extract is used in skincare and cosmetics as a/an that masks the scent of other ingredients in a formula aka masking ingredient.
3. ↑ Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil. Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil is used in skincare and cosmetics as a/an that masks the scent of other ingredients in a formula aka masking ingredient.
4. ↑ Sodium Cocoamphoacetate. Functions in skincare and cosmetics as a/an cleansing, foaming, hair moisturizing, cleansing surfactant ingredient.
6. ↑ hydrogenated castor oil ( Caster Oil ) used as an oily base ingredient; with PEG it's a non-ionic surfactant and is used as a solubilizer for essential oils.
8. ↑ Anionic Surfactants ( Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate ) Used as surfactants & emulsifiers in cleansers & can be irritating to the skin, depending on alkalinity, some are very gentle. It's important to remember though, that just because a cleanser has sulfates in it doesn't mean it'll be drying and irritating. Take note of the other ingredients in the product (like anti-irritants, emollients, moisturizers) and where on the ingredient list the sulfate surfactant is listed. Click to read more about the different kinds used in skincare.
9. ↑ Methyl Gluceth-10. Methyl Gluceth-10 is used in skincare and cosmetics as a/an emulsifying, humectant moisturizing, MOISTURISING ingredient.
10. ↑ beta hydroxy acid ( Salicylic Acid ) induces exfoliation in oily areas of skin; oil-soluble so can penetrate pores to exfoliate inside; prevents clogged pores; mildly anti-inflammatory; higher concentrations help fade post-acne marks
11. ↑ horsetail extract ( Equisetium Arvense (Horsetail) Extract ) antioxidant & anti-inflammatory plant extract with no real proven studies of this effect on skin; has skin-constricting properties; can be irritating; also said to have humectant, astringent properties
12. ↑ Sweet Orange Oil ( (Orange) Oil ) Sweet orange oil is used in skincare and cosmetics as a fragrance ingredient.
14. ↑ Butylene Glycol. solvent; penetration enhancer; humectant moisturizer; in cleansing creams it dissolves dirt, avoids the product from drying too quickly during the removal stage & helps formulas spread better
16. ↑ Urtica Dioica. Urtica Dioica is used in skincare and cosmetics as a/an hair moisturizing ingredient.
17. ↑ Glycolic Acid. Proven to reduce fine lines & wrinkles; hyperpigmentation; smooths, exfoliates & thickens skin; increases skin hydration & elasticity; good melasma treatment
18. ↑ burdock root ( Arctium Majus Root (Burdock) Extract ) Has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and soothing properties.
19. ↑ thickener ( Xanthan Gum ) thickens/stabilizes the product; generally, the more thickening agents used in formulating a cream, for example, may enhance its stability, but can also cause difficulty in spreading.
22. ↑ geranium ( Pelargonium Graveolens ) the oil is antibacterial and used as a fragrance but can be irritating, the extract is an antioxidant
27. ↑ PEGs ( PEG- ) helps "carry" other ingredients into the skin; emollient; emulsifier; sufactant (cleans); solvent; the lower the number following, the more it can penetrate the skin; keeps products stable