Embed« Back to Dictionary Home
- All the silicones that start with cyclo- evaporate at about room-body temperature so likely won’t clog pores.
- Hydrolyzed wheat protein/hydroxypropyl polysiloxane and cystine/silicone co-polymers- A combination of protein and silicones.
- The most common silicone you will see is Dimethicone.
- At quick glance, you can find silicones in an ingredient list by looking for any ingredient ending in -methicone or -silixane.
Silicones that are soluble in water
- Amodimethicone (and) Trideceth-12 (and) Cetrimonium Chloride mixture (Soluble in water in the bottle)
- Behenoxy Dimethicone (Sparingly soluble in water)
- Dimethicone copolyol
- Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein Hydroxypropyl Polysiloxane
- Lauryl Methicone Copolyol
- Stearoxy Dimethicone (Sparingly soluble in water)
Silicones that are not soluble in water
« Back to Dictionary Home
- Amodimethicone (&) C11-15 Pareth-7 (&) Laureth-9 (&) Glycerin (&) Trideceth-12-
- Cetearyl methicone
- Cetyl Dimethicone
- Stearyl Dimethicone
- Trimethylsiloxysilicate is a solid silicone resin
Ads Blocker Detected!!!