Inactive Ingredients Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isopropyl Isostearate, Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Shea Butter, Polysorbate 60, Ceteareth-20, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Methylparaben, Linalool, Propylparaben, Chlorphanesin, Lavender Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycolipids, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carbomer, Disodium Edta, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Sodium Dna, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Limonene.
1. ↑ cleansing/lathering OR emulsifying agents ( Dicetyl Phosphate,Ceteth- ) depending on the product, this ingredient cleanses; emulsifies; lathers; makes products foamy/creamy & spread better
2. ↑ Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride. Coconut derived emollient moisturizer, sometimes used as a thickener. Rich in fatty acids that replenish skin; has a silky, dry oil feel. Liquid oil at room temperature.
3. ↑ alkyl acrylate crosspolymer ( Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer ) emulsifier that thickens & stabilizes formulas, makes it possible for a product to release the oils in it immediately when rubbing the product into the skin
5. ↑ Aminomethyl Propanol. emulsifying ingredient; prolonged skin exposure may cause irritation due to alkalinity, but in most commercial products the alkalinity is neutralized
6. ↑ Ascorbyl Palmitate. A moisturizing vitamin C ester, fat/lipid soluble, antioxidant and preservative
7. ↑ evening primrose ( Oenothera Biennis ) very rich & delicate skin-friendly moisturizing oil; anti-inflammatory & great for eczema & psoriasis
8. ↑ Butylene Glycol. solvent; penetration enhancer; humectant moisturizer; in cleansing creams it dissolves dirt, avoids the product from drying too quickly during the removal stage & helps formulas spread better
9. ↑ hyaluronic acid ( Sodium Hyaluronate ) A humectant moisturizer; proven to boost skin's moisture content, reduce inflammation, have cell-communicating abilitites & help prevent moisture loss
10. ↑ fatty alcohols ( Cetearyl Alcohol,Ceteareth-20 ) coconut-derived emollient moisturizer, emulsifies & stabilizes emulsions; thickeners; carrying agents; slightly waxy texture
12. ↑ Propylparaben. Propylparaben is used in skincare and cosmetics as a/an fragrance, preservative ingredient.
13. ↑ Disodium Edta. preservative & product stabilizer; helps the topical penetration of active ingredients; chelating agent
14. ↑ Benzophenone ( Oxybenzone ) UV sunscreen & frangrance masking agent. Helps prevent deterioration of fragrance/color that might be affected by UV rays found in daylight. May produce hives & contact sensitivity. In sunscreens they may cause immediate hives as well as other photoallergic reactions. Also may cause face & neck rashes when in shampoo.
15. ↑ preservatives ( Phenoxyethanol,Methylparabe ) Used as a preservative or enhances the efficacy of preservatives
18. ↑ Shea Butter. emollient & occlusive anti-inflammatory moisturizer; contains allantoin, phytosterols, fatty acids & vitamins A,D&E BUT may break out some people due to its richness
19. ↑ Octisalate. chemical sunscreen (primarily UVB filter); emollient & water-resistant properties; oil-soluble & FDA approved; also used as a fragrance ingredient
21. ↑ Vitamin E ( Tocopheryl,Tocopherol ) Antioxidant emollient & occlusive moisturizer with proven effects: protects the epidermis from early stages of ultraviolet light damage; increases the efficacy of active sunscreen ingredients; reduces the formation of free radicals upon skin exposure to UVA rays and other sources of skin stress; reduces transepidermal water loss from skin and strengthens the skin's barrier function; protects the skin barrier's oil (lipid) balance during the cleansing process; reduces the severity of sunburn; preservative (if at the end of the list)
22. ↑ methicone. Methicone is used in skincare and cosmetics as a/an antistatic, emollient moisturizing ingredient.
24. ↑ Carbomer. Carbomer is used in skincare and cosmetics as a/an emulsion stabilizing, gelling, viscosity controlling ingredient.
25. ↑ Vitamin C ( Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate ) an antioxidant proven to give you photoprotection by preventing oxidation & inflammation; boosts collagen production; can lighten hyperpigmentation if the concentration is high enough; also used as pH adjuster/buffering agent; fragrance ingredient
26. ↑ fragrance ( Linalool,Limonene ) Fragrance in skin care is like spraying perfume on your face. Smells nice, but potentially irritating and damaging to your skin's acid mantle. Especially if these ingredients are high up on the ingredient list.