Water (Aqua), Lavender Extract, Panax Ginseng Root, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Sunflower Seed Oil, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate, Jojoba Oil, Glycerin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Glycolic Acid, Fennel Oil, Zinc Oxide, Caprylic Acid, Glycine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Lactic Acid, Allantoin, Xanthan Gum, Salicylic Acid, Papain, Tocopheryl (Vitamin E), Lecithin, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, ImidazolidinylUrea
1. ↑ Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride ( Caprylic Acid ) Coconut derived emollient moisturizer, sometimes used as a thickener. Rich in fatty acids that replenish skin; has a silky, dry oil feel. Liquid oil at room temperature.
2. ↑ fennel oil and extract ( Fennel Oil ) can have antioxidant properties but can also be a skin irritant and photosensitizer; may cause allergic reactions
3. ↑ Methylisothiazolinone. Methylisothiazolinone is used in skincare and cosmetics as a/an preservative ingredient.
4. ↑ glyceryl stearate SE ( Glyceryl Stearate ) self-emulsifying emollient & thickening agent, the higher up an ingredient list it is, the thicker the formula
5. ↑ Cetearyl Glucoside. a blend of cetearyl alcohol and glucose that functions as an emulsifier and surfactant
6. ↑ beta hydroxy acid ( Salicylic Acid ) induces exfoliation in oily areas of skin; oil-soluble so can penetrate pores to exfoliate inside; prevents clogged pores; mildly anti-inflammatory; higher concentrations help fade post-acne marks
7. ↑ rosemary extract ( Rosemary ) antimicrobial antioxidant with a calming effect; but its fragrant components can cause irritation if present in large amounts. If listed at the end of the ingredient list, it's likely added in a small amount.
8. ↑ fatty alcohols ( Cetearyl Alcohol,Ceteareth-20 ) coconut-derived emollient moisturizer, emulsifies & stabilizes emulsions; thickeners; carrying agents; slightly waxy texture
9. ↑ grapeseed oil ( Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil ) astringent emollient antioxidant oil; absorbs well & is lightweight
10. ↑ Glycolic Acid. Proven to reduce fine lines & wrinkles; hyperpigmentation; smooths, exfoliates & thickens skin; increases skin hydration & elasticity; good melasma treatment
11. ↑ sunflower oil ( Sunflower Seed Oil ) Occlusive, emollient skin-friendly oil; can improve skin healing, due to linoleic acid, an omega-6 fatty acid. Moisturizing, especially for dry skin & reduces inflammation & repairs skin's barrier. Combined with PEG- esters it's an emulsifier.
12. ↑ preservatives ( Potassium Sorbate,Phenoxyethanol ) Used as a preservative or enhances the efficacy of preservatives
14. ↑ Jojoba Oil. moisturizing skin-friendly oil (actually a wax) that limits oil production in skin; stimulates collagen; enhances skin's barrier repair properties & ability to heal from damage
15. ↑ Zinc Oxide. UVA + UVB sunscreen; anti-irritant, thickener, coloring agent/pigment; bulking agent
16. ↑ Vitamin E ( Tocopheryl ) Antioxidant emollient & occlusive moisturizer with proven effects: protects the epidermis from early stages of ultraviolet light damage; increases the efficacy of active sunscreen ingredients; reduces the formation of free radicals upon skin exposure to UVA rays and other sources of skin stress; reduces transepidermal water loss from skin and strengthens the skin's barrier function; protects the skin barrier's oil (lipid) balance during the cleansing process; reduces the severity of sunburn; preservative (if at the end of the list)
18. ↑ Allantoin. considered an effective anti-irritant; an occlusive that temporarily helps protect from chapped skin or windburn damage; softens skin & exfoliates; also a preservative
19. ↑ thickener ( Xanthan Gum ) thickens/stabilizes the product; generally, the more thickening agents used in formulating a cream, for example, may enhance its stability, but can also cause difficulty in spreading.
20. ↑ Lecithin. Lecithin is used in skincare and cosmetics as a/an antistatic, emollient moisturizing, emulsifying, moisturizing ingredient.
22. ↑ Lavender. Mainly used for aromatherapy than skincare; mild antimicrobial/anti-inflammatory effects make it useful as part of a preservative system in a product; fragrance components oxidize on skin & can cause irritation
24. ↑ ginseng ( Panax Ginseng ) reduces photo aging and wrinkles, increases collagen production; emollient moisturizer; however, there are conflicting reports that ginseng is effective at all
25. ↑ Glycine. Glycine is used in skincare and cosmetics as a/an antistatic, pH buffering, hair moisturizing, moisturizing ingredient.
26. ↑ Papain. Papain is used in skincare and cosmetics as a/an antistatic, hair moisturizing, moisturizing ingredient.