Philosophy Back To Nurture Deeply Replenishing Oil Gelee
as of October 24, 2021 1:32 pm
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sweet Almond Oil, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Sunflower Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Argan Oil, Dimethiconol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Bisabolol, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Aqua/Water/Eau, Linoleic Acid, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Bht, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Parfum/Fragrance, Oleic Acid, Tribehenin, Peg-8, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Palmitic Acid, Cichorium Intybus (Chicory) Root Extract, Tocopherol, Stearic Acid, Ceramide Ng, Peg-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Butylene Glycol, Linolenic Acid, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Lactic Acid, Linalool, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Benzoate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Citronellol, Glycyrrhiza Uralensis (Licorice) Root Extract, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexyl Cinnamal, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Limonene, Farnesol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Rhizome/Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexylene Glycol, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Ilomastat.
1. ↑ cleansing/lathering OR emulsifying agents ( Hexylene Glycol ) depending on the product, this ingredient cleanses; emulsifies; lathers; makes products foamy/creamy & spread better
2. ↑ Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride. Coconut derived emollient moisturizer, sometimes used as a thickener. Rich in fatty acids that replenish skin; has a silky, dry oil feel. Liquid oil at room temperature.
3. ↑ Linoleic Acid. Linoleic Acid is used in skincare and cosmetics as a/an antistatic, cleansing, emollient moisturizing, hair moisturizing, moisturizing, cleansing surfactant ingredient.
4. ↑ Butylphenyl Methylpropional. Butylphenyl Methylpropional is used in skincare and cosmetics as a/an fragrance ingredient.
5. ↑ Borago Officinalis Seed Oil. Borago Officinalis Seed Oil is used in skincare and cosmetics as a/an emollient moisturizing ingredient.
6. ↑ Dimethicone Crosspolymer. Dimethicone Crosspolymer is used in skincare and cosmetics as a/an emulsion stabilizing, hair fixing, viscosity controlling ingredient.
7. ↑ Peg-10 Rapeseed Sterol. Peg-10 Rapeseed Sterol is used in skincare and cosmetics as a/an cleansing, emulsifying, cleansing surfactant ingredient.
8. ↑ palmitoyl oligopeptide ( Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12 ) synthetic fatty acid-linked peptide that can help repair visible skin damage and strengthen skin’s underlying supportive elements. Some research has shown that this peptide has similar anti-aging benefits to retinol, and you can use both together.
9. ↑ Isononyl Isononanoate. Isononyl Isononanoate is used in skincare and cosmetics as a/an antistatic, emollient moisturizing ingredient.
11. ↑ Hydroxycitronellal. Hydroxycitronellal is used in skincare and cosmetics as a/an fragrance ingredient.
12. ↑ Ascorbyl Palmitate. A moisturizing vitamin C ester, fat/lipid soluble, antioxidant and preservative
13. ↑ Cyclopentasiloxane. Silicone; makes stuff easily spreadable; used as a conditioner, delivery agent, lubricant & solvent. Helps deliver other, heavier, silicones also in a product (like dimethicone)
15. ↑ licorice extract ( Glycyrrhiza,Licorice ) anti-inflammatory; anti-allergic; the root has been proven to treat hyperpigmentation so its used in whitening products
17. ↑ Caprylyl Glycol. An alcohol, derived from a plant which is used as an emollient and coconut derived preservative.
18. ↑ Butylene Glycol. solvent; penetration enhancer; humectant moisturizer; in cleansing creams it dissolves dirt, avoids the product from drying too quickly during the removal stage & helps formulas spread better
19. ↑ hyaluronic acid ( Sodium Hyaluronate ) A humectant moisturizer; proven to boost skin's moisture content, reduce inflammation, have cell-communicating abilitites & help prevent moisture loss
20. ↑ Linolenic Acid. helps improve many skin concerns, including eczema, psoriasis, acne, and non-melanoma skin cancers; can help repair skin's barrier function and reduce pro-inflammatory substances that would otherwise cause damage. It is believed to communicate with cells that comprise skin's immune system, as evidenced by research showing that topical linolenic (and similar) fatty acids improve wound healing
21. ↑ Palmitic Acid. Palmitic Acid is used in skincare and cosmetics as a/an emollient moisturizing, emulsifying ingredient.
22. ↑ sunflower oil ( Sunflower Seed Oil ) Occlusive, emollient skin-friendly oil; can improve skin healing, due to linoleic acid, an omega-6 fatty acid. Moisturizing, especially for dry skin & reduces inflammation & repairs skin's barrier. Combined with PEG- esters it's an emulsifier.
23. ↑ Hexanediol. Hexanediol is used in skincare and cosmetics as a/an solvent to dissolve things in a formula ingredient.
24. ↑ preservatives ( Bht,Phenoxyethanol,Ethylhexylglycerin ) Used as a preservative or enhances the efficacy of preservatives
26. ↑ flaxseed oil ( Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil ) soothing emollient moisturizer, but can cause an allergic reaction & may promote acne
27. ↑ Stearic Acid. emulsifier; cleaning agent; stabilizes emulsions; lipophilic thickener; texturizer. Stearic acid is naturally found in skin and is used in cleansers to reduce cleansing-induced damage, aid in moisturization, and replenish with skin-natural lipids.
28. ↑ Dimethiconol. Dimethiconol is used in skincare and cosmetics as a/an anti-foaming, emollient moisturizing, MOISTURISING ingredient.
32. ↑ Citric Acid. mainly used as a cleaning agent & preservative; pH adjuster; in higher concentration it's an AHA (in peels & antiaging products)
34. ↑ Bisabolol. anti-irritant; reduces dry & damaged skin flaking; restores suppleness; also a fragrance. It also increases the skin penetration of other cosmetic ingredients.
36. ↑ Vitamin E ( Tocopherol ) Antioxidant emollient & occlusive moisturizer with proven effects: protects the epidermis from early stages of ultraviolet light damage; increases the efficacy of active sunscreen ingredients; reduces the formation of free radicals upon skin exposure to UVA rays and other sources of skin stress; reduces transepidermal water loss from skin and strengthens the skin's barrier function; protects the skin barrier's oil (lipid) balance during the cleansing process; reduces the severity of sunburn; preservative (if at the end of the list)
37. ↑ Vitamin C ( Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate,Ascorbic Acid ) an antioxidant proven to give you photoprotection by preventing oxidation & inflammation; boosts collagen production; can lighten hyperpigmentation if the concentration is high enough; also used as pH adjuster/buffering agent; fragrance ingredient
38. ↑ ceramides ( Ceramide ) can help restore the skin's barrier system; improves texture, reduces topical irritation, restores moisture
39. ↑ fragrance ( Parfum,Linalool,Hexyl Cinnamal,Limonene,Farnesol ) Fragrance in skin care is like spraying perfume on your face. Smells nice, but potentially irritating and damaging to your skin's acid mantle. Especially if these ingredients are high up on the ingredient list.
41. ↑ Silica. Silica is used in skincare and cosmetics as a/an abrasive exfoliating, absorbing, anti-caking, bulking aka makes a product bulkier, opacifying aka makes the formula less clear, viscosity controlling ingredient.