5. ↑ green tea – polyphenols ( green tea ) proven antioxidant, anti-inflammatory; can prevent collagen breakdown & reduce UV damage to skin. It is generally accepted that 5% green tea extract or polyphenols in the 90% range is an effective concentration in skincare products to produce these effects.
7. ↑ silicone ( simethicone ) gives skin a nice “slip”, film-formers; can “carry” other active ingredients; may clog pores for some (depending on the silicones properties); some are water-soluble, some not; anti-foaming; skin protectant
8. ↑ sugar. humectant moisturizer; often used as a preservative substitute for glycerin
9. ↑ preservatives ( potassium sorbate ) Used as a preservative or enhances the efficacy of preservatives
10. ↑ sodium benzoate. Sodium Benzoate is used in skincare and cosmetics as a/an anti-corrosive, that masks the scent of other ingredients in a formula aka masking, preservative ingredient.
11. ↑ citric acid. mainly used as a cleaning agent & preservative; pH adjuster; in higher concentration it’s an AHA (in peels & antiaging products)
Searched 24,144 products for a match. Possible dupes found...