Water, Glycerin, Isopropyl Myrsitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Squalane, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Methyl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Bentonite, Cetearyl Glucoside, Titanium Dioxide, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Polyacylate, Xanthan Gum, Bht, Picea Excelsa Wood Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Borate, Sodium Hydroxide, Panthenol, Arginine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycine, Copper Tripeptide 1, Sorbitol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Propyl Gallate, Disodium Edta, Ascorbic Acid.
1. ↑ Methyl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer. Methyl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer is used in skincare and cosmetics as a/an film forming ingredient.
2. ↑ glyceryl stearate SE ( Glyceryl Stearate ) self-emulsifying emollient & thickening agent, the higher up an ingredient list it is, the thicker the formula
3. ↑ Anionic Surfactants ( Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate ) Used as surfactants & emulsifiers in cleansers & can be irritating to the skin, depending on alkalinity, some are very gentle. It's important to remember though, that just because a cleanser has sulfates in it doesn't mean it'll be drying and irritating. Take note of the other ingredients in the product (like anti-irritants, emollients, moisturizers) and where on the ingredient list the sulfate surfactant is listed. Click to read more about the different kinds used in skincare.
4. ↑ Cetearyl Glucoside. a blend of cetearyl alcohol and glucose that functions as an emulsifier and surfactant
6. ↑ Titanium Dioxide. A broad-spectrum SPF sunscreen; sometimes used as a pigment & for its opacity
8. ↑ Butylene Glycol. solvent; penetration enhancer; humectant moisturizer; in cleansing creams it dissolves dirt, avoids the product from drying too quickly during the removal stage & helps formulas spread better
9. ↑ copper peptides ( Copper Tripeptide ) anti-inflammatory, antioxidant with regenerative properties. Effective in treating and repairing scars, aging skin and other skin and complexion issues. However, it must be formulated properly.
10. ↑ fatty alcohols ( Cetearyl Alcohol ) coconut-derived emollient moisturizer, emulsifies & stabilizes emulsions; thickeners; carrying agents; slightly waxy texture
12. ↑ Hydrolyzed Soy. Hydrolyzed Soy is used in skincare and cosmetics as a/an moisturizing ingredient.
13. ↑ Disodium Edta. preservative & product stabilizer; helps the topical penetration of active ingredients; chelating agent
14. ↑ Benzophenone ( Oxybenzone ) UV sunscreen & frangrance masking agent. Helps prevent deterioration of fragrance/color that might be affected by UV rays found in daylight. May produce hives & contact sensitivity. In sunscreens they may cause immediate hives as well as other photoallergic reactions. Also may cause face & neck rashes when in shampoo.
15. ↑ preservatives ( Phenoxyethanol,Bht,Ethylhexylglycerin ) Used as a preservative or enhances the efficacy of preservatives
17. ↑ Amino Acids ( Arginine ) Widely used in moisturizers and emollients because they are thought to help penetrate the skin; have water-binding, antioxidant and wound-healing abilities
19. ↑ Octisalate. chemical sunscreen (primarily UVB filter); emollient & water-resistant properties; oil-soluble & FDA approved; also used as a fragrance ingredient
20. ↑ Zinc Oxide. UVA + UVB sunscreen; anti-irritant, thickener, coloring agent/pigment; bulking agent
21. ↑ Vitamin E ( Tocopheryl ) Antioxidant emollient & occlusive moisturizer with proven effects: protects the epidermis from early stages of ultraviolet light damage; increases the efficacy of active sunscreen ingredients; reduces the formation of free radicals upon skin exposure to UVA rays and other sources of skin stress; reduces transepidermal water loss from skin and strengthens the skin's barrier function; protects the skin barrier's oil (lipid) balance during the cleansing process; reduces the severity of sunburn; preservative (if at the end of the list)
22. ↑ thickener ( Xanthan Gum ) thickens/stabilizes the product; generally, the more thickening agents used in formulating a cream, for example, may enhance its stability, but can also cause difficulty in spreading.
24. ↑ Vitamin C ( Ascorbic Acid ) an antioxidant proven to give you photoprotection by preventing oxidation & inflammation; boosts collagen production; can lighten hyperpigmentation if the concentration is high enough; also used as pH adjuster/buffering agent; fragrance ingredient
25. ↑ Squalane. light emollient veg oil, can be antibacterial & moisturizing; might break out some people
26. ↑ Sorbitol. a humectant moisturizer; product thickener; similar to glycerin with a gel-like consistency; creates a slippery feel
29. ↑ Retinol. Proven antioxidant anti-wrinkle treatment; induces collagen synthesis, increases skin elasticity, smoother skin & skin lightening effects; treats hyperpigmentation